How to download with the DStv App
Subscribers to DStv may not know that they have access to the entire DStv offering on their phones, laptops, gaming consoles and even smart TVs. With the DStv App, it’s possible to live stream exactly what you would usually watch via your satellite decoder and access a bank of additional movies, series and documentaries to watch on demand.
Even better, the mobile app allows users to download up to 25 items to phones and tablets to watch offline – no internet needed.
Download on the app and watch offline
Get the DStv App on smartphone or tablet, connect to Wi-Fi and download shows to watch offline later.
How to download using the DStv App
- Register for DStv online »
- Download the DStv app for Android or Apple smartphones or tablets.
- Open the app, log in and go to Menu > Catch Up.
- Select what you want to watch and tap the cloud-shaped download icon.
- Choose a video setting – Highest, High, Medium or Low. The app shows how much data and storage space is needed. (If the icon has a cross through it, it means that show can’t be downloaded.)
- Download up to 25 items. This includes movies, sports highlights, documentaries, kids shows and series episodes.
- To view downloaded content, go back to Menu > Downloads.
Have additional questions? Send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org and we’ll do our best to answer it!