It’s been six years since terminally ill chemistry teacher-turned-meth dealer Walter White and his longtime accomplice-slash-adversary Jesse Pinkman left our screens, but the 4.5 million hits (and counting) on the YouTube trailer for Netflix’s upcoming movie, which picks up where Breaking Bad left off, shows that fans’ cravings for more have not abated one bit.
Here’s what we can tell from the trailer.
- The cops are looking for Jesse Pinkman.
- They bring in Skinny Pete for questioning, but he’s not telling them anything, a) because he doesn’t know anything, and b) because even if he did, he wouldn’t want to be complicit in putting Jesse “back in a cage”.
- Jesse’s managed to escape from his captors, which we knew from the end of Season 5 – but now he’s on the run and nobody seems to know where he is.
- There’s no mention at all of Walter (perhaps because he died?).
- The movie’s coming on 11 October 2019.
We’ll post more news about El Camino: A Breaking Bad Movie as soon as we get it!
Update, 3 October 2019: We’ve got another brand-new trailer!
Old Joe from the junkyard is back. He saved Walter and Jesse in Seasons 3 and 5, and speculation is that Jesse may be looking to scrap the El Camino he used for his grand escape. It’s not long to go now til we find out for sure.
Update, 25 September 2019: Here’s the latest trailer!
Jesse’s on the run, and finds refuge with Badger and Skinny Pete – and then sets out to take revenge.
Also – on the Emmy Awards red carpet earlier this week, Jonathan, who plays Mike in Breaking Bad (and the prequel Better Call Saul) revealed that his character would be returning in the movie – despite his demise in the final season of the show. Could this be an indication that Walter White could be returning from the dead as well?