The Night King is coming in GoT episode 3!
If you’re reading this, I’m going to go ahead and assume that you’ve watched episode 2 of Game of Thrones season 8 and that after all that pre-battle ruminating in the halls of Winterfell, you’re ready for some action!
*Update: The full boxset of Game of Thrones S1-8 is ready to be binge-watched on Showmax.*
Warning: here come the spoilers.
It felt like bugger all happened in episode 2, really. Until the last few minutes when Jon Snow – we mean, Aegon Targaryen and true heir to the Iron Throne – spilt the beans to Dany, who was rather disbelieving.
But can we talk about our sweet Arya’s choice of bedmate? And Bran’s expressionless conversation with Jaime? Like: “Nah, dude. Don’t worry about throwing me out the window; I’m the three-eyed raven now.” And Brienne of Tarth (or is it “Sir” Brienne, now) and her red-haired, giant-slaying boo Tormund Giantsbane?
By the time we got to the end of the episode, I was so down to see some White Walker action. Here’s what we can see in the preview to episode 3:
- Everyone is gazing over the ramparts of Winterfell as the army of the undead approaches. (Sansa looks like she’s ready to shoot lasers from her eyes.)
- Jon Snow shouts: “The Night King is coming!”
- We get a glimpse of a dragon in battle but it’s hard to tell if it’s Viserion the new ice dragon, or Drogon or Rhaegal.
- Dany has no time for Jon’s puppy dog eyes as she reminds him that “The dead are already here.”
- And Brienne leads her army into battle on the left flank.
Watch Game of Thrones S8 on Mondays on M-Net (only) at 03:00, and later the same day on M-Net and Showmax at 22:00.